Blastworks is seeking a talented Game Artist to join our creative team and help us deliver engaging game experiences that keep our players coming back for more. As part of a Sprint you will find yourself creating for a range of different projects including things like: FX animation for a game, social media posts and marketing material, UI for a new meta feature, and more. If you like a variety and the chance to work in different styles then you are looking in the right place.
Key Activities and Deliverables:
- You will deliver game ready 2d art assets and animation for our Facebook and Mobile Casino and Casual Games.
- You will work with the Art Lead and Stakeholders on creating concept art to inform a proposed visual target
- You will then take concepts and visual targets through to final art and animation and integrate the assets in the form of static art, Spine animation, and work with the Developers to integrate the final art into the product.
Qualified candidates must have:
- You are an exceptional creative with strong drawing and digital painting skills.
- You have strong communication and organizational skills and are able to see other points of view/receive feedback.
- You can follow an established style and stay on model.
- You have a strong grasp of UI and UX for mobile games.
- You have a strong grasp on illustration, typography, color theory, composition, and perspective.
- You have a diverse and awe inspiring online portfolio that illustrates your strengths, personal and professional examples of your drawing, painting, and animation expertise.
- You have a solid working knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop.
- You are proficient in Spine animation and After Effects.
- You are a fun person who enjoys working as a part of a creative team but who is also comfortable to take a task and run with it.
Preferred Candidates will have:
- Experience with Unity Animations and/or Spine
- You enjoy playing mobile games, especially in the casual or casino space. Professional games industry experience is a huge plus!
- You draw your inspiration from multiple sources, including Mobile and Facebook games, comics, film and life experience.
Victoria, BC studio is located at 1207 Douglas St, Unit 601, Victoria, BC, V8W2E7, Canada. Please apply by email below with your resume. No phone calls please.