Blastworks is seeking an HR & Marketing Specialist based in Victoria, B.C. to provide full cycle Human Resources support to our teams in Canada and US. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great team support, and driving all functions of HR in support of our growing games business. This role will also assist the Marketing Team execute day to day and special projects.
Key activities and deliverables:
- Participates in all aspects of hiring in collaboration with departmental leads including job description prep through offer negotiations
- Takes part in the full employee lifecycle from hiring to onboarding to employee recognition through exit interviews
- Assists in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, and provides guidance and interpretation for business operations
- Assists in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Assists the Marketing Team with day to day marketing functions such as social media management, email and mobile marketing plus support with special projects involving industry and competitor research
Qualified candidates will have:
- 1-3 years of experience in an HR Role
- Aptitude for problem-solving and knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to improve business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
Preferred candidates will have:
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Experience working in high tech sector
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations