Blastworks is seeking a Dev-Ops Engineer for our Victoria studio. You are passionate about automation, and delivery of core services to the greater Technology team. Join us in helping build our next generation gameplay technologies; our team is rallying around a new metagame, updating and delivering it to multiple platforms with new interactive gameplay features. You are equipped with experience automating system and code deployments, maintaining a highly available production infrastructure, and a unique ability to diagnose problem areas. You have exceptional interpersonal skills, and are passionate about helping deliver high quality games that our players will love!
Key Activities and Deliverables:
- Develop, maintain, and expand our code test, release, and deployment platform
- Build systems to monitor and ensure best practices in production systems
- Be responsible for the overall health and efficiency of our production infrastructure
Qualified candidates must have:
- 1-3 years of relevant systems experience.
- Experience with distributed systems, performance management and delivering results
- Strong knowledge of Dev-Ops methodology and automation tools (Jenkins, Git)
- Strong knowledge of Cloud offerings, AWS, Azure or other
- Experience working in 24/7 environment
Preferred Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Experience working with relational databases, and distributed computing technologies
- Experience with HA Elastic Search, Redis, Mongo DB
- Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban)
Victoria, BC studio is located at 1207 Douglas St, Unit 601, Victoria, BC, V8W2E7, Canada. Please apply by email below with your resume. No phone calls please.