Sr. Software Engineer – Java
Blastworks is seeking a passionate Sr. Software Engineer to build and deliver new social gaming experiences with our Victoria, BC studio. Join us in building our next generation gameplay technologies; our team is rallying around new and existing games, updating and delivering it to multiple platforms with new interactive gameplay features. As a part of the team, you will be responsible for the design and development of key scalable systems. Our drive is to deliver amazing new experiences and game features across multiple games.
Our team is made up of highly motivated engineers who bring passion to delivering high quality user experiences. Our conduit is modern application design, and development best practices. You have exceptional interpersonal skills, and are a self-motivated developer that strives for team success!
Key activities and deliverables:
- Evolving our core server technologies to provide best in class experiences for our gamers
- Extending the usability and capabilities of our current architecture to support the needs of our growing feature set across multiple platforms and devices
- Improving and defining technical requirements, documentation and best practices
- Working with the Dev-Ops team to ensure systems scale and stay responsive.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5+ years designing and building applications using Java
- Excellent knowledge of databases and data systems: MySQL, Postgres, Memcached, NoSQL
- Excellent knowledge of software design and architecture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
Preferred candidates will have:
- Practical experience with scalable and high performance systems.
- Experience managing application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, Apache, MySQL in a Linux/UNIX environment.
- Experience with GO, PHP
- Knowledge of build technologies such as Ant, Maven, Jenkins.
- Practical experience with agile development practices.
- Social gaming experience, as it pertains to casual MMOs, Facebook, etc.
Victoria, BC studio is located at 808 Douglas Street, 2nd Floor, Victoria, BC, V8W2B6, Canada. Please apply by email below with your resume. No phone calls please.