Software Engineering Lead
Blastworks is seeking a passionate Lead to build and deliver new social gaming experiences with our Victoria, BC studio. Join us in building our next generation gameplay technologies; our team is rallying around a new metagame, updating and delivering it to multiple platforms with new interactive gameplay features. As the Lead, you will employ best practices to help the Team develop high quality, efficient, and testable code for our games. Our drive is to deliver amazing new experiences and game mechanics across multiple games.
Our team is made up of highly motivated engineers who bring passion to delivering high quality user experiences. Our conduit is modern application design, and development best practices. You have exceptional interpersonal skills, and are a highly-motivated developer that drives team success!
Key activities and deliverables:
- Leading a team of software development engineers in evolving our core technologies to provide best in class experiences and gameplay features
- Extending the usability and capabilities of our current architecture to support the needs of our growing feature set across multiple platforms and devices
- Improving and defining technical requirements, documentation and best practices
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5+ years developing with Client based technologies
- 2+ years as a Development Lead or Development Manager
- 3+ years Unity Game Development – C#
- Excellent knowledge of software design and architecture best practices
- Experience with agile development practices and SDLC
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
Preferred candidates will have:
- Multiplayer game development experience
- Experience with SPA architecture
- Socket.io development
- Social gaming experience as it pertains to casual MMOs, Facebook, etc.
Victoria, BC studio is located at 808 Douglas Street, 2nd Floor, Victoria, BC, V8W2B6, Canada. Please apply by email below with your resume. No phone calls please.