QA Engineer – Automation
Are you a recent Computer Science graduate? Do you love gaming and coding? Blastworks has the role for you! We are seeking a passionate QA Automation Engineer to join our team in Victoria to help drive our exciting new products from test market release to mass-market release AND beyond!
Our ideal candidate is passionate about delivering high quality games that our players will love. This is a great opportunity to break into the games industry with a company that offers many opportunities to learn and develop your career as Software Developer!
Key Activities and Deliverables:
- Identify game defects, test new features, and perform regression
- Create and execute test scripts for new game features
- Escalate issues to QA Lead, work with developers and producers to triage issues
- Develop and extend our test automation suite
Qualified candidates must have:
- 2 – 5+ years QA experience
- Knowledge/familiarity working with social networks (Facebook primarily)
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Proven ability to define components to be tested and assign a relative priority
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and deliverables at the same time.
Preferred Candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Ability to write quality code in at least one high level language like Java, C, C# etc.
- Detailed knowledge of Test automation frameworks.
- Experience in using Selenium, Unity or similar automation tools.
- Motivation to improve test coverage and effectiveness
- Familiarity with game production, preferably with social and/or free-to-play games
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files to track down and isolate issues
Victoria, BC studio is located at 1207 Douglas St, Unit 601, Victoria, BC, V8W2E7, Canada. Please apply by email below with your resume. No phone calls please.