Blastworks is seeking a talented Victoria-based Game Artist to join our creative team and help us deliver engaging game experiences that keep our players coming back for more. This is a regular full time role reporting to the Creative Director offering competitive compensation and benefits.
Key activities and deliverables:
- You will deliver game ready 2d art assets and animation for our Facebook and Mobile Casino and Casual Games
- You will work with the Creative Director on creating concept art to inform a proposed visual target
- You will then take concepts and visual targets through to final art and animation and integrate the assets in the form of static art, Flash animation, and/or Unity prefabs
Successful candidates will have:
- You are an exceptional creative with strong drawing and digital painting skills.
- You have strong communication and organizational skills and are able to see other points of view/receive feedback.
- You can follow an established style and stay on model.
- You have a strong grasp on illustration, typography, color theory, composition, and perspective.
- You have a diverse and awe inspiring online portfolio that illustrates your strengths, personal and professional examples of your drawing, painting, and animation expertise.
- You have a solid working knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop.
- You are proficient in Flash animation.
- You are a fun person who enjoys working as a part of a creative team but who is also comfortable to take a task and run with it.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Experience with Unity Animations and/or Spine
- You enjoy playing mobile games, especially in the casual or casino space. Professional games industry experience is a huge plus!
- You draw your inspiration from multiple sources, including Mobile and Facebook games, comics, film and life experience.
Victoria, BC studio is located at 1207 Douglas St, Unit 601 Victoria, BC V8W 2E7, Canada. Please apply by email below with your resume. No phone calls please.